Today I woke up with a bunch of things on my mind. One of the things on my mind was the many makeup products I had bought a few weeks back.
The reason why I am posting this haul a few weeks later, is because I like to review the products, instead of just telling you what I bought.
- Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss in ‘460 Electric Orange’: This lip gloss is literally amazing! It is so shiny and glossy on the lips. There was a time when I loved lip glosses, then stopped using them for quite some time, and now I am back on the wagon! The gloss looks a very bright orange; it looks like a scary colour to wear. However, this colour is very wearable. I have pale to medium skin, and this colour looks beautiful on me. It compliments me quite well! It doesn’t even look that orange on the lips. More like a coral mixed with red, and mixed with orange. This isn’t a sheer lipgloss but it isn’t the most pigmented. It is a lipgloss, not a liquid lip gloss, so of course it’s not going to be so pigmented. For people with dark skin tones, I advise either applying foundation on the lips, or applying a lipstick first before the gloss. Otherwise, the lipgloss won’t look very pigmented on the lips in accordance to your dark skin tone. This lip gloss also has an apricot scent which might irritate some, but it does not have any scent once applied. Price: Approximately 18,000 LBP
- Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Liner in ‘410 Mandarine Fizz’: This lip liner is definitely one of my faves to pair with the lip gloss reviewed above. The colour is a beautiful and soft orange and coral colour. It is a wooden pencil which might irritate some, however. Price: Approximately 10,000 LBP
3. L’Oreal Le Blush in ‘Golden Apricot’: This blush is so beautiful! It is not very pigmented as it does need a few extra swatches for its true colour to appear, though. Nevertheless, I love the fact that it’s not so pigmented because I can customize its colour as much as I want. I can either apply it as a highlighter on the top of my cheeks, on my blush, or on my bronzer. I can apply it as a blush as well. Or I can apply it as a simple bronzer. The specks of glitter as it shows in the pan, do not show up as sparkly on the cheeks. They give a glow to the cheeks. Price: Approximately 16,000 LBP
4. Maybelline Master Kajal Kohl Liner in ‘Pitch Black’: This inner eye liner claims to be a no poke eyeliner that is creamy and waterproof. I do not think it is waterproof though, but it is creamy, and it does not poke the inner eye! I do not like eyeliners that poke my inner eye because then my eye gets all watery and the eyeliner will run. This does not do this at all! It is a very comfortable and very pigmented eyeliner. Even though it isn’t necessarily waterproof, it is matte and does last long. Price: Approximately 14,000 LBP
5. L’Oreal Colour Riche Le Khol in ‘101 Midnight Black’: This eyeliner is a typical pencil liner for the inner eye. It is a bit different than the Maybelline Kajal reviewed above, because it is a wooden pencil. Nevertheless, it is still a really good liner for the inner eye. I really like its pigmentation and its creamy formula too! Price: Approximately 13,500 LBP
6. Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing: This product is amazing. Completely amazing. If you have dry skin, go and get this. It does not leave an oily residue, which I was skeptical of at first. Every single hydrating body cream I had bought, left a feeling of oiliness or stickiness on my body (yes, I know those aren’t words). This, however, does not! It smells like vanilla mixed with honey and just yummy things like that! It leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth, hydrated, and a slight faint scent of the honey vanilla. Please, please go and pick yourself one of these and try it out! Price: Approximately 14,000 LBP
That was my haul and review for you guys! Let me know in the comments if you have any recommendations from the drugstore, or if you’ve tried these products out.
Until next time,