I hope you’re all doing well.
My last drugstore haul was over a year ago, can you actually believe that? Because I really can’t. My last haul was a luxury Chanel haul, which I bought a couple of months ago. I’ve been doing pretty well with keeping my money at a minimum for makeup. I mean, it’s not like I don’t look at makeup and new products and drool. Yeah right…
But anyway! I knew that I deserved to buy a couple of products, and these were actually pretty expensive. In Lebanon, Maybelline and L’Oreal are pretty expensive for just drugstore brands. I knew I didn’t wanna pay more than a limit, though. I had so many other things to buy in mind but I had to put them back because I had a tight budget decided on for makeup. 😦
I heard so many good things about the brand Essence, and I wanted to try out their stuff so bad. I finally did! If you wanna know where I find this brand in Lebanon, supermarket Aoun located in Jeita (or Zouk Mosbeh), has a huge stand dedicated for Essence makeup & nail polish. And they aren’t expensive! BONUS.
I picked up:
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: I always go back to this mascara, it is amazing. It gets my lashes looking so long and full. It’s just amazeballs. You can check out my review here.
- Essence Matt Touch Blush in 20 Berry Me Up & Essence Silky Touch Blush in 80 Autumn Peach: The colour 20 Berry Me Up is a beautiful shade of rosy pink, but it’s a very subtle type of pink, which I love. It’s almost a dusty rose. I didn’t really think this blush would be matte, since blushes don’t even stay on my cheeks for some reason (even cream blushes!). But I gave it a try, and I’m glad I did. The colour is gorgeous on the cheeks, and although it doesn’t last sooo long on me, it lasts a few hours which is more than any other blush has done. It’s so pigmented too! The second colour 80 Autumn Peach is a beautiful subtle peach that is very pigmented too, and lasts quite well on the cheeks too. I will most definitely be buying more of these.
- Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in 06: Is this lipstick long lasting? No. Is this colour a beautiful nude? Yes. But it’s too nude to where it looks just like my lip colour, not even the nice type of colour, do you know what I mean? It’s not like those lip shades that look ‘like your lip colour but better‘. And since it’s not long lasting, it’s not that amazing. Is it a flattering lipstick? Yes, it’s flattering in that it doesn’t show any cracks on your lips, and it’s very creamy. It’s also pretty pigmented too. When I swatched it, it looked so beautiful, but on the lips it wasn’t. For the price I’m not complaining, but I should try out other colours from this line. Maybe it’s just this colour that isn’t so ‘wow’ for me.
- Revlon Stay Matte Powder in 004 Sandstorm: What can I say about this powder other than I love it?! I’ve been wanting to try this powder for so long, and I finally did. It mattifies my face very well, where I’m oily. And it doesn’t feel powdery, it’s actually really smooth.
- Maybelline Master Graphic Liquid Eyeliner Pen: Mehh, this eyeliner wasn’t all that good for me. The applicator is very easy for winged eyeliner, but it’s not that pigmented actually. When I swatched it on my hand it was extremely black, but on my eyes it looks grey and I’m not sure why. I’m not all that happy with it.
Do you guys have any recommendations for a good matte black liquid liner? I haven’t found any yet. Is there anything I have to pick up for the drugstore that I can’t live without? Leave me your suggestions in the comments!
Question of the day: What do you think my name is? 😉 Please answer this question, and soon you’ll know why!
Until next time,